Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tuesday 1st April

I headed out on my own riding around Hansens Park and then started the climb up Huntsbury pushing hard as I was running late.  Got to the top of the tarmac where I met up with The Cook (he had ridden up) Phatboy, Silverfox, Tinkerbell, Twppot (first time in a while), Dozer and finally Bugs.  We then clambered over the fence and rode up the sibgle track in the paddocks.  Steep little climbs, long grass and  deep ruts certainly make this a good little grunt up.  Over another fence then the trail sort of gets lost in sheep trails.  Twopot broke a chain and while I stopped to assist the others clambered up to the top of the knoll in the wrong direction.  Wind was cold and blowing.  Phatboy came down to help and so I found the track and off I went.  The others followed in short order.  Rode around to the other side of the knoll out of the wind and then followed sheep trails back to the point where Twopot broke his chain.  Back  down towards the start with the bottom half being the best.  Phatboy and Tinkerbell did a couple of jumps in this top section and further down Phatboy, Tinkerbell, Dozer and I did the double that includes a gap jump.  Need to speed up  a bit for this.  We then decided to ride up the gravel road and do  another loop.  In the end most rode the gravel, some back up the single track and separation occured in many ways. Bugs and I ended up at the top of the knoll way ahead of the others, Tinkerbell arrived up the single track, Dozer was there and after screaming at them Silverfox and The Cook came on up.  Twopot appeared and we thought where is Phatboy? Phone goes and he has injured himself and was walking back.  Off we went in the gathering cloud and gloom.  I even put the light on.  Caught up with Phatboy who had injured his nads and was walking kind of bandy legged.  We were near the gravel road so I headed down this with Twopot and Phatboy who was at least able to stand in his pedals.  The others went down the single track.  At the cars we separated after agreeing that this track is not worth doing unless you add in maybe Witch Hill and or Marleys to the loop.  The Cook and I headed off on the bikes never seeing the others in their cars.  Ok for a ride(especially as I had the added distance of the ride to and from home) but not enough for us.

No comments: