Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tuesday 3rd February

After Mellonfarmers talking about loops in the Farside Track area at the bottom of Worsley it was decided this would make a good Tuesday Ride.  I collected the Cook and drove around to the meeting spot just above the hairpin.  Only Tinkerbell there so the 3 of us set off up the grunt for the first of 8 loops for me.  Tinkerbell had already done one because he had not read the text properly.  We decided to work our way from top to bottom so we headed into Fluffy Sheep.  Tinkerbell led.  It was fast, twisty and flowing with a couple of wee jumps.  Next into Utopia, which is steeper but a lot of fun.  Next time was 1 trick Sally.  Great twisty track with lots of wee interesting bits Got a text from Bugs saying he  would meet us at the bottom.  He had arrived late and had just done Farside.  Looped back for Valhalla which was steep and off camber but climbs a lot more to get back out.  Next loop was Farside, The Cook having a couple of incidents on the top rutted section.  Then back up to do 1 Trick Sally again.  The Cook was not going to do another loop but we headed back up for a loop of Utopia.  Loop 8 for me and I headed up the old single track for a change while Tinkerbell and Bugs did the road.  One l;ast blast down Farside.  I managed to give myself an oops moment when my foot left the pedal and my rear wheel left the ground but recovered to finish.  Great ride, 8  loops in 1 hour 7 minutes and 450 odd m of climbing.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/863727409

No comments: